Black Ops III Will Not Have a Single-Player Campaign for Xbox 360/PS3

creaky

Admin
Reaction score
If you want to play through the futuristic co-op campaign of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, you'd better get it on current-gen. Activision today announced that Black Ops 3's PS3 and Xbox 360 versions will include the competitive multiplayer and Zombies mode only.

The last-gen versions of Black Ops 3 were previously said to include two-player co-op, instead of the four-player experience available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Now Activision says that "the ambitious scope" of the co-op campaign just couldn't be recreated on the older systems. The multiplayer mode's Weapon Paint Shop, eSports tools, and other "features built to leverage the next-generation hardware" won't be included either.

To make up for the dropped features, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 will cost $10 less ($49.99) on last-gen and also include a download code for the original Black Ops. The Call of Duty series began on PC in 2003, but it became a true juggernaut during the last console generation. Now it looks like it's finally leaving it behind - I'd be surprised if whatever comes after Black Ops 3 hits PS3 and Xbox 360 at all.

Source: New Details For PS3 and Xbox 360 Versions of Call of Duty: Black Ops III

kenny

Reaction score
Another reason to move to the new generation of consoles.

agamer

Reaction score
Another nail in the coffin for the previous generation consoles.

creaky

Admin
Reaction score
I have a feeling more companies will do something similar.

Reaction score
I can see alot of disappointed 360/ps3 players on websites already. Time to upgrade folks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.