Do you want a Kinect for your Xbox One?

creaky

Admin
May 4, 2013
Earlier this year Microsoft started shipping the Xbox One without the Kinect which helped to improve sales of the console.

If you bought an Xbox One without Kinect but now want one then there is now some good news. Starting on October 7th you will be able to purchase the Kinect stand alone, the device will cost you $149.99. The standalone device comes with Dance Central Spotlight, the latest in the dance series from developer Harmonix, which will be available as a digital download.

The future of Kinect as a gaming peripheral seems in question after Microsoft removed it as a required item for the console. At the time of release, developers knew that all users would have a Kinect, so they could build in the functionality into their games. Seeing that not all users now have the device, there is less incentive to use the peripheral as part of the standard gameplay.

Source: Xbox One Standalone Kinect Sensor Available in October

Catactus

Apr 4, 2015
Got myself kinect! I love it. Currently I don't have other games for it than Spotlight and Dance Central 2014

creaky

Admin
May 4, 2013
I have the kinect but only use it for voice commands, Dance Central really isn't my sort of game.