Dismiss Notice
Welcome to ConsoleVideoGamer!

We are a community of gamers who mainly game on consoles. We also welcome any PC gamer's to the site.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why register? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Steam account instead.

Dust 514 review

Discussion in 'PS3 Games' started by creaky, May 25, 2013.

1. creaky

creaky Admin

Ratings:
    +268 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    I have a fear that grows in strength with each review I find myself writing. The fear is that, as soon I've filed my copy, an update will arrive that might rebuild, repair or rebalance the game quite substantially, and suddenly a great chunk of what I've written would be made irrelevant.

With Dust 514, I found myself increasingly hoping that this would happen. It's likely that much about the game will change in the months and years to come; that the commitment and dedication developer CCP has shown toward Eve Online, the space MMO that is essentially Dust 514's parent, will also be bestowed on this free-to-play spin-off first-person shooter. I've already seen signs that many of those playing Dust 514 are becoming as invested in the experience as members of Eve's community are and this, too, bodes well for the game's ongoing development.

Unfortunately, it cannot change the fact that, at launch, Dust 514 is not a very good game.

Read moreā€¦