Dismiss Notice
Welcome to ConsoleVideoGamer!

We are a community of gamers who mainly game on consoles. We also welcome any PC gamer's to the site.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why register? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Steam account instead.

"It was just there: dolphin, dolphin, dolphin"

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by creaky, May 6, 2013.

1. creaky

creaky Admin

Ratings:
    +268 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    "It's like déjà vu only 20 years later," begins Ed Annunziata, the Bronx-bred man responsible for Ecco the Dolphin. He's talking to me about the reaction to The Big Blue, his ambitious underwater opus that sunk on Kickstarter. Last time he got a reaction like that was from Sega in a board room all those years ago.

"I couldn't get anybody to give me the time of day on it," he says. "It was almost comedic. First of all, the sentence that I let you just finish - ['I've got this great idea, it's dolphins'] - I didn't even get to enjoy that, I didn't get past half-way through when I said 'dolphins'."

Everyone else pitched cyborg cops and guns and smart bombs - stuff the suits knew and understood - "and they all look at each other, nod, and go 'yeah, that'll work'." But he dared to be different, striking out with 'you're a naked dolphin and...", and they just couldn't get it, just like he thinks the world can't get The Big Blue now.

Read more…