Console Video Gamer - Console Games Forum

Promoting the site

I'm looking for ideas and suggestions on ways to promote the site and get some active members on board.

We have a Twitter account, facebook page and a Google+ page, both Twitter and facebook have a number of followers but none of the users from there have made it to the forum.

Any suggestions you have to get the site active are welcome, anything will be considered. If you're a member of other forums a link in your sig may help, please keep it within the site rules though.

Again any and all ideas are welcome.

Content is my suggestion. Some easy to reply topics. From what I see there are mainly news type of topics. Not that easy to reply to them.

Run a competition. You could ask around for companies if they are interested in sponsoring you and giving you stuff to give away in the competition.
If people have a good prize waiting for them, they will post. A lot. I've seen it :D Cash prizes, even small ones could be a great motivation to some. Or game prizes. It all depends if you have the money to buy something to give away or if you can find a sponsor.

I have sent some emails to a couple of places this week, not had any replies as yet though.